I'm a 24 year old male who's been wearing glasses since I was 13 and I'm about to have my eye exam next week. I'm worried though if my vision has improved or has been staying the same for the past 3 years.
When I was in my teen years I would take off my glasses when I'm on my computer. But when I went to community college I had a habit of using my distance glasses for close up work. My vision went from 20/5 in 2016, to 20/20 in 2018. I still see 20/20 with my glasses on and I can still see well without them but I will admit it was a mistake of mine to use my distance glasses for close up work without knowing what that will do to my eyes.
Back in my 2019 eye appointment, my eye doctor noticed a scar on my retina in the back of my eye. He saw me again 3 months later after that but he told me that it was nothing too serious and I'm at a very low risks for a retina tear/detachment but just at a slightly higher risks then he himself is. Since my eye appointment from 2019, I've been doing the following habits for the past 2 years:
- I would only use my distance glasses when I go outside for walks, work, driving, and other events.
- I take walks on bright sunny days, sometimes cloudy days, usually during the afternoon or sometimes in the evening. I take walks for usually up to an hour.
- I'm pretty overweight but I've been doing weight loss workouts 2-4 days per week for the past 2 months (since July). But I've been managing to lose some weight with the same work before that.
- I take my glasses off when I'm doing close up work such as when I'm reading a book, or when I'm on my computer or smartphone. I would usually read for 45 minutes once or twice a day and I would practice the 20/20/20 rule when I'm reading without my glasses each time. I even use dark vision on both my computer and phone when I'm using them, and I've always have the brightness lowered on both of them.
- I've been taking multi-vitamin for the past 2 years every morning. It seems to help stabilize my vision pretty well. I will admit I didn't take it that much when I was in college and that was a dumb decision. But I'm glad I'm back to taking it.
- I struggle a bit with staying up late a night. But I still usually get a good night sleep
My concern however despite all of this I've been doing is that I've been struggling with phone addiction for a bit this year. Not too much but sometimes once in a while. I still take breaks frequently when I using my phone. I would take breaks by usually taking a nap because I remember hearing on a YouTube video that darkness can help with blood circulation in the eyes. I would also be taking breaks by taking walks usually for an hour mainly during the afternoon and sometimes at night. I even took my first morning walk for the first time in a while at 7:30 AM today at where I live.
I've been seeing -3 on my right eye, and -3.25 on my left eye for the past 3 years. But now I can't decide weather or not my vision has improve or is still the same. But I believe it's still the same though.
Could my vision have slightly improve, gotten slightly worse, or could it still be the same